Middlesbrough is set to host Chelsea at the Riverside Stadium on Sunday.
Chelsea will be heading into the game after an impressive run of five consecutive victories and with Middlesbrough’s poor record against Chelsea in their last five games, we should be expecting a Chelsea victory.
Here are all the stats you should know as Chelsea play Middlesbrough
1. Middlesbrough have lost their last five Premier League games against Chelsea, failing to score in each match.
2. The Blues have been beaten just twice in their last 17 Premier League games against Boro, with both losses in 2006 (W12 D3).
3. Middlesbrough are looking to win successive home Premier League games for the first time since August 2008.
4. Eden Hazard is set to make 150th Premier League appearance in this game – he has 48 goals and 31 assists in his 149 league games for Chelsea. He would be the sixth Chelsea player to score 50 Premier League goals if he scores twice more.
5. However, six of Eden Hazard’s seven goals this season have been scored at Stamford Bridge.
6. If Chelsea win this game without conceding, it will be the 10th time a Premier League club has won six-plus consecutive games without shipping a goal – Chelsea will have been responsible for half of those.
7. Chelsea are 14 points better off this season after 11 games (25) than they were last season at this point (11). Only two teams have collected fewer home points in the Premier League this season than Middlesbrough (4) – Swansea (2) and Sunderland (1).
8. Diego Costa has been involved in more Premier League goals than any other player this season (12, nine goals and three assists).
9. Costa has found the net in nine of his last 12 Premier League appearances for Chelsea.
10. Five of Middlesbrough’s last seven Premier League goals have come from crosses.
Source: Opta via Daily Mail