Chelsea will be away at Anfield on Tuesday night, and it’s a clash between 1st and 4th. Both teams will be hoping to get a victory, but I believe Chelsea will carry the day.
These stats suggest Chelsea will take all 3 points:
1. While Chelsea have the best defence in the league, Liverpool’s defence have been in shambles. Chelsea have conceded 15 goals in 22 games, while Liverpool have conceded 27 goals in the same number of games. If Chelsea can exploit Liverpool’s weak defence, then the Blues will carry the day.
2. Chelsea have a good record against Liverpool at Anfield, as the Blues haven’t lost to Liverpool in the last four games. Chelsea have won 2 and drawn 2.
3. Chelsea’s defence will also be a big plus against Liverpool, as the Blues have kept 13 clean sheets in the Premier League this season, more than any other team in Europe’s top five leagues.
4. Liverpool have only won one of their last eight matches (D3, L4) in all competitions, losing their last three in a row.
5. Liverpool have also lost three consecutive competitive games at Anfield for the first time since October 2012, having previously been undefeated at Anfield this season (W9, D3).
6. Since beating Manchester City on December 31, Liverpool have been in terrible form, and it’s been 4 losses, 3 draws and just 1 win.
While stats don’t win game, I don’t see how Chelsea wouldn’t get a positive result in this match.