Football matches aren’t won by mere statistics, but a lot of the times, these stats don’t lie.
Chelsea will host Hull City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, and it’s a game Chelsea should win comfortably.
I’ve got nine stats that prove Chelsea should beat Hull at least 3-0.
1. Chelsea are the most in-form team in the league, and have won 14 of their last 15 Premier League games.
2. In Hull City’s last 10 games in the league, they’ve only won once.
3. Chelsea’s defence have been rock solid this season, and the Blues have kept 12 Premier League clean sheets this season, more than any other side, in not only the Premier League, but Europe’s top 5 leagues.
4. The Tigers have been terrible away from home, as they have lost their last eight Premier League away games.
5. To make matters worse, Hull have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 19 Premier League matches.
6. Hull City’s defending has been poor this season. They have conceded 20 goals from set-pieces, the most in the top five European leagues.
7. Don’t be surprised if Chelsea get a penalty against Hull. They have conceded 10 penalties this season alone, and are one short of meeting Blackburn’s unwanted record of 11 penalties conceded in a single season (2006/2007).
8. Stamford Bridge have indeed been a fortress for Chelsea this season. Chelsea have won 7 consecutive league games at Stamford Bridge, and are looking for an 8th.
9. While Chelsea have scored 45 goals this season, Hull have scored just 20, and while the Blues have conceded only 15, the Tigers have conceded a whopping 45.
Do you still need more stats?