Ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League against Stoke City at the bet365 Stadium, here are the key stats you should know
1. Stoke City have won only two of their 17 Premier League meetings with Chelsea (D3 L12), with both victories arriving at the bet365 Stadium.
2. Chelsea have recorded just two wins in their last seven visits to Stoke in all competitions (D3 L2) – 2-0 in December 2014 and 4-0 in January 2013.
3. Cesc Fabregas has assisted seven goals in eight Premier League starts against Stoke, with the Spaniard also netting two in the process.
4. Indeed, only against Spurs (11) has Fabregas provided more assists in the Premier League than versus Stoke (7).
5. Willian notched his first ever Premier League brace in the reverse fixture, equalling his goal tally for last season in the competition (5). However, the Brazilian has failed to score in eight league appearances since that game.
6. Diego Costa’s next Premier League goal will be his 50th in the competition and would be the 7th Chelsea player to reach that milestone for the club. His 49 goals to date have come in 79 games (a goal every 1.61 games).
7. If Costa does score in this game, he will have reached 50 goals in 80 Premier League appearances. The only players to do this in fewer games were Andrew Cole (65), Alan Shearer (66), Ruud van Nistelrooy (68) and Fernando Torres (72).
8. Chelsea have used the fewest players (21) and made the fewest changes to their starting XI overall (24) this season in the Premier League.
9. Antonio Conte has used every substitution possible in the Premier League this season (81/81). The only side in Premier League history to have done this in a whole 38-game season were Manchester City in 2014-15 (114/114).
10. This will be the 13th occasion that Stoke have played against a team placed top of the Premier League on the day of the game. Of the previous 12, they have won just once – versus Manchester City in December 2015 (W1 D2 L9).
11. Antonio Conte’s side have dropped just seven points since 24 September.
12. Chelsea have 66 points from 27 games this term, three more than in 2014/15 when we last went on to win the Premier League with a final total of 87.
13. The Blues are 30 points better off than from results in the equivalent fixtures last season.
14. Antonio Conte’s side have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (21) and have yet to lose (18 wins, three draws) when doing so.
15. Only Liverpool (60) have scored more Premier League goals this term than Chelsea (57).
16. No team has conceded fewer Premier League goals this season than Chelsea (20).
17. Chelsea have scored 12 goals in our last six games in all competitions, conceding just four goals.
18. If selected, Cesar Azpilicueta will make his 150th Premier League appearance and Victor Moses will reach 50 Premier League appearances for Chelsea and 183 in total.
19. Mark Hughes’ side have not won any of their 14 games against top-half teams so far. They have managed six draws from a possible 42 points.
20. The Potters are unbeaten at home in the Premier League for eight matches, winning their past two and three of the past five. It’s their best home sequence since a 17-game unbeaten run in 2012.
21. They have only lost one of their past 12 league games at the bet365 Stadium.
22. Stoke have won 23 from a possible 42 points at home this season with six wins against Sunderland, Swansea, Burnley, Watford, Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough, five draws with West Brom, Southampton, Leicester, Man Utd and Everton and three defeats to Man City, Tottenham and Bournemouth.
Source: Opta via Daily Mail & Chelsea FC