Ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League clash with West Ham at the London Stadium later tonight, here are 16 key stats you should know
1. This is the first league meeting Chelsea and West Ham at the London Stadium – the Hammers won just two of their last 10 Premier League games against Chelsea at Upton Park (D1 L7).
2. Chelsea have 63 points from 26 games this season, three more than at the same stage in 2014/15 when we went onto win the Premier League.
3. Chelsea have lost only two of our last 21 Premier League games against West Ham United (W15 D4).
4. However, the Hammers eliminated Chelsea from the League Cup at the fourth round stage this season; winning 2-1 at the London Stadium.
5. Antonio Conte has lost two of his three away London derbies in the Premier League, losing out to Arsenal in September and Tottenham in January, while beating Crystal Palace in the other game.
6. Chelsea have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (20) and we are yet to lose when we score the opening goal (17 wins, 3 draws).
7. Before this weekend’s fixtures, Chelsea had scored the most goals in the Premier League (with Liverpool) this season (55).
8. Andy Carroll has scored five goals in his last three home derbies in the Premier League.
9. Carroll is one goal away from his 50th strike in the Premier League and has scored in two of his last three games against Chelsea.
10. Cesc Fabregas recorded his 102nd Premier League assist in what was his 300th Premier League game last weekend. He needs one more to move outright second ahead of Frank Lampard (also 102).
11. Fabregas has already matched his total of assists from last season (7) and assisted twice in his last Premier League game against West Ham in March 2016.
12. Manuel Lanzini has scored in seven of his 11 Premier League London derby appearances (7 goals). He’s scored 4 goals in 38 Premier League appearances against non-London sides.
13. West Ham will be without the suspended Michail Antonio for this match following his dismissal at Watford on matchday 26. He’s been involved in more Premier League goals than any other Hammers player this season (11).
14. Diego Costa has scored 48 goals in 78 Premier League appearances. Should he score at least 2 goals in this match, he’ll be the 5th quickest to score 50 goals in Premier League history after Andrew Cole (65 apps), Alan Shearer (66 apps), Ruud van Nistelrooy (68 apps) and Fernando Torres (72apps).
15. Chelsea have conceded the least Premier League goals this season (19).
16. Cesar Azpilicueta’s next start will be his 200th in all competitions since he joined Chelsea in 2012.
Source: Chelsea official website and Opta via Daily Mail