Ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League clash against Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium, here are 19 things you should know
1. Bournemouth have lost six of their eight games against Chelsea in all competitions (W2). Their only win at home came in their first game against them in September 1988.
2. After losing 1-0 to the Cherries in December 2015, Chelsea have won their last two against Bournemouth netting seven goals.
3. Eden Hazard has scored three times in three previous Premier League appearances against Bournemouth.
4. Antonio Conte’s side have won 33 points from their 15 away games so far in 2016-17; only twice in Chelsea’s history have they picked up more points at this stage of the season (35 in 2003-04 and 38 in 2004-05).
5. The Blues have lost only once in their last 12 Premier League away matches, winning nine (D2).
6. Bournemouth have won consecutive Premier League fixtures at the Vitality Stadium, netting five goals in the process. They could win three in a row for just the second time in the competition (also in October 2016).
7. Josh King has doubled his Premier League goal tally from last season (six) with 12 goals, scoring nine goals in his last 10 Premier League appearances for the Cherries
8. King has been directly involved in five goals in his last five Premier League appearances at the Vitality Stadium (four goals, one assist).
9. Diego Costa has netted just one goal in his last five away appearances in the Premier League, this after scoring eight in his previous nine this season.
10. Costa hasn’t scored in any of his last three Premier League appearances and he’s never gone four in a row in the competition without scoring. The last time he did this in league competition was in La Liga with Atletico Madrid in January 2014.
11. Antonio Conte’s side need 18 points from a possible 24 to become Premier League champions.
12. Chelsea need 10 points to secure Champions League qualification for 2017/18.
13. The Blues are 36 points better off than from games against the equivalent opposition last season.
14. Antonio Conte’s side have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (24). We have won 20, drawn three and lost one from games when we have done so.
15. The Blues are the only team to have used all three substitutes in every Premier League match this season.
16. Antonio Conte has used the fewest number of players (21) in the Premier League this season.
17. David Luiz is due to make his 100th Premier League start from his two spells at the club.
18. Kurt Zouma’s next start will be his 50th for the Blues.
19. Diego Costa’s next goal will be his 50th in the Premier League. His 49 goals to date have come in 82 games (a goal every 1.67 matches).
Source: Opta via Daily Mail & Chelsea FC