Ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League clash with Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge later today, here are 21 facts you should know
1. Chelsea have won four of our last five Premier League games against the Eagles, losing the other at Stamford Bridge last season.
2. Crystal Palace’s away win at Chelsea in August 2015 is their only top-flight away win at Stamford Bridge (D5 L8).
3. Chelsea have won the most points in London derbies this season in the Premier League (15), while Palace have lost all five they’ve been involved in.
4. Chelsea have used the fewest players (21) and made the fewest changes to their starting XI overall (26) in the Premier League this season. In 2015-16, the champions Leicester City also topped these categories (33 changes to starting XI and 23 players used).
5. Diego Costa’s next Premier League goal will be his 50th in the competition and would be the seventh Chelsea player to reach that milestone for the club.
6. If Costa does score in this game, he will have reached 50 goals in 81 Premier League appearances. The only players to do this in fewer games were Andrew Cole (65), Alan Shearer (66), Ruud van Nistelrooy (68) and Fernando Torres (72) and he would equal Sergio Aguero’s record (81 games).
7. This game could see the top three most fouled players in the 2016-17 Premier League season on the pitch – Wilfried Zaha (78 fouls won), Eden Hazard (75) and Diego Costa (68).
8. Chelsea have scored the first goal of a Premier League game on a league-high 22 occasions this season, while only Sunderland (20) have conceded the first goal more often than Palace (19).
9. Christian Benteke has scored in four different Premier League games against Chelsea; against no side has he scored in more games in the competition (also four games v Sunderland and Swansea).
10. In Premier League history, Crystal Palace have won 48.3 per cent of their points away from home (167/323). The team to have won a higher proportion of their total points away in the competition are Blackpool (48.7 per cent).
11. Chelsea are looking to extend our club-record 13 successive home wins in all competitions. We have won 16 of our 17 league and cup matches at Stamford Bridge this season, losing just to Liverpool in September.
12. Antonio Conte’s side need 21 points from a possible 30 to become Premier League champions.
13. Chelsea have 69 points from 28 games this term, five more than at the same stage in 2014/15 when we went on to win the Premier League.
14. The Blues are 33 points better off compared with results against the equivalent opposition last season.
15. Conte’s side have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (22) and have yet to lose (19 wins, three draws).
16. Only Liverpool (61) have scored more Premier League goals this term than Chelsea (59).
17. No team has conceded fewer Premier League goals this season than Chelsea (21).
18. The Blues are the only team to have used all three substitutes in every Premier League match this season.
19. Sam Allardyce’s side are sixth in the Premier League form table (past six games) with an equal number of points as Man United (12), one fewer than Everton and Tottenham and two less than Chelsea and Man City.
20. Crystal Palace 1-0 win in their last game against Watford was achieved without a single shot on target. They are only the fourth team since 2003/04 to achieve such a win.
21. If selected, Diego Costa will make his 100th start in league and cup in a Chelsea shirt.
Source: Opta via Daily Mail & Chelsea FC