Ahead of Chelsea’s match against Manchester City later today, here are 17 things you should know.
1. Chelsea haven’t lost back-to-back home league games vs the Citizens since December 1983.
2. Pep Guardiola has never previously lost both league games against a single opponent in a season as a manager in his career so far.
3. After winning eight Premier League games in a row against Manchester City between 2005 and 2009, the Blues have won just five of their last 15 against them in the top-flight (D3 L7).
4. There have been four red cards in the last five league meetings between these sides, with three being shown to City players.
5. Sergio Aguero scored a hat-trick in this exact fixture last season as City won 3-0 – one of just three opposing players to hit a treble in a Premier League game at Stamford Bridge (Kanu in October 1999 and Robin van Persie in October 2011).
6. Aguero has scored six Premier League goals against Chelsea, with four of those coming at Stamford Bridge.
7. Antonio Conte hasn’t lost consecutive home league defeats as a manager since November 2009 while in charge of Atalanta.
8. Chelsea haven’t lost back to back Premier League games at Stamford Bridge since November 2011 under Andre Villas-Boas.
9. City have lost just one of our last six Premier League games in London (W3 D2).
10. Kevin De Bruyne has now assisted 13 goals this season for Man City in all competitions, one more than he managed last season.
11. Chelsea have dropped just 10 points since our 3-0 loss to Arsenal last September.
12. Chelsea have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (23). The Crystal Palace game was the first occasion we have lost when doing so. We have won 19 and drawn three of the others.
13. The Blues are the only team to have used all three substitutes in every Premier League match this season.
14. Conte has used the fewest number of players (21) in the Premier League this season.
15. On Saturday against Crystal Palace we had 11 shots on target, the most by the Blues in any game this season.
16. Thibaut Courtois is due to make his 100th Chelsea appearance.
17. Diego Costa’s next goal will be his 50th in the Premier League. His 49 goals to date have come in 81 games (a goal every 1.65 matches).
Source: Opta via Daily Mail and Chelsea FC