Ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League game against Southampton later today, here are 18 things you should know.
1. Chelsea have lost just one of their last seven Premier League games at Stamford Bridge against Saints (W3 D3 L1), though this was last time out (1-3 loss in October 2015).
2. The Blues have scored in 15 of their 17 Premier League home games against Southampton, only failing to score in April 1995 (0-2 defeat) and December 2002 (0-0 draw).
3. Diego Costa has been directly involved in a goal in each of his last three Premier League appearances against Southampton (two goals, one assist).
4. Costa is now on a five-match run without a goal in the Premier League; his longest goalless streak in league competition since a six-game run between December 2012 and January 2013 in the Spanish League with Atletico Madrid.
5. After losing just one Premier League match in six months between October 2016 and March 2017 (W19 D2 L1), Chelsea have already lost two games in April (W2 D0 L2).
6. The Blues haven’t lost three Premier League matches in the same month since October 2015 under Jose Mourinho – one of which was versus Southampton at Stamford Bridge.
7. The only previous occasion that Antonio Conte has lost three top-flight league matches as a manager in the same month was in November 2009 for Atalanta.
8. Southampton have won three of their last four Premier League away matches (W3 D0 L1) – more than they had in their previous 12 league games on the road in 2016-17 (W2 D3 L7).
9. Chelsea have gone 10 Premier League games without keeping a clean sheet for the first time since December 1996 (13 games).
10. Eden Hazard has been involved in 14 goals in his last 17 Premier League appearances at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea (11 goals, three assists).
11. Eden Hazard scored his 70th goal for the Blues at Wembley against Tottenham, becoming the 18th Chelsea player to reach that milestone.
12. Three of Chelsea’s remaining games are against teams comfortably in the middle of the table: Watford, West Brom, and tonight’s visitors Southampton. Two other opponents, Middlesbrough and Sunderland, may be relegated before we meet them towards the end of the campaign.
13. Antonio Conte’s side have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (25). We have won 21, drawn three and lost one when we have done so.
14. The Blues are the only team to have used all three substitutes in every Premier League match this season.
15. Cesar Azpilicueta and Gary Cahill are the only Chelsea players to have started all 32 Premier League games so far.
16. Azpilicueta has completed more passes than any other Premier League player this season (1,742).
17. If selected tonight, Nemanja Matic will make his 150th appearance for the Blues.
18. Diego Costa’s next goal will be his 50th in the Premier League.
Source: Opta via Daily Mail & Chelsea FC