Ahead of Chelsea’s clash with Everton later today, here are 21 things you should know.
1. Everton have won five of their last seven Premier League games against Chelsea at Goodison Park (L2), two more than they recorded in their previous 17 in the competition.
2. Only against Tottenham (92) have Chelsea scored more Premier League goals than versus Everton (80).
3. Diego Costa has been directly involved in six goals in four Premier League appearances against Everton (four goals, two assists).
4. Following his midweek brace against Southampton, Diego Costa now has 19 Premier League goals in 2016-17. Without these goals, Chelsea would be 15 points worse off than they are and no player has seen their goals win more points for their side than Costa this season.
5. Cesc Fabregas has had a hand in eight goals in his last seven games against the Toffees in the top-flight (four goals, four assists).
6. Romelu Lukaku has failed to score in all five of his previous outings against his former club Chelsea in the Premier League, attempting 12 shots (incl. blocks) in the process.
7. Overall during his Premier League career, Romelu Lukaku has scored against 23 of the 29 different teams he’s faced in the competition. This season alone he’s scored against 13 different teams in the Premier League.
8. Romelu Lukaku has scored in all nine of Everton’s competitive home matches in 2017 so far (14 goals). The only player to go on a longer streak of scoring in consecutive home matches for Everton is Dixie Dean; who scored in 12 successive home games for the Toffees between October 1930 and February 1931.
9. Everton are currently enjoying an eight-game winning run at home – their longest such streak in the Premier League. They last had a longer run in the top flight between December 1986 and April 1987 (10 wins).
10. Chelsea have won 78 points from their 33 Premier League games so far. This is the eighth occasion that a side has won 78-plus points from 33 games in the competition and half of those have been by Chelsea (Chelsea – four times, Manchester United – three times, Arsenal – once).
11. Should Chelsea win their remaining five Premier League matches of the season, they will finish the campaign on 93 points. This would be the second-best points tally by a side in a Premier League season, after Chelsea in 2004-05 (95).
12. Chelsea have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (26). We have won 22, drawn three and lost one when we have done so.
13. Chelsea have gone 11 Premier League games without keeping a clean sheet for the first time since December 1996 (13 matches).
14. Cesar Azpilicueta and Gary Cahill are the only Chelsea players to have started all 33 Premier League games so far.
15. Chelsea have won 36 points from 17 away games this term. Only twice have we picked up more points at the same stage of a season; 38 in 2003/04 and 44 in 2004/05.
16. Chelsea and Everton lock horns for the 50th time in the Premier League. The 49 games so far are compiled of 23 wins, 17 draws and nine defeats.
17. If selected, Gary Cahill will make his 150th Premier League start for the Blues.
18. Since the beginning of last season, Romelu Lukaku has scored 42 Premier League goals and 50 in all competitions.
19. Ashley Williams, Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku have started all of Everton’s 34 Premier League games this term.
20. Since Boxing Day, Everton’s two defeats have come away at Tottenham and Liverpool.
21. The Toffees have won 40 points from a possible 51 at Goodison Park this term. They have won 12 against Stoke, Middlesbrough, West Ham, Arsenal, Southampton, Man City, Bournemouth, Sunderland, West Brom, Hull, Leicester and Burnley, drawn four with Tottenham, Crystal Palace, Swansea and Man United and lost one to Liverpool.
Source: Opta via Daily Mail & Chelsea FC