Chelsea defeated Middlesbrough 3-0 on Monday night with goals from Diego Costa, Marcos Alonso and Nemanja Matic.
Here are 12 things that happened in the game that you should know
1. Chelsea had 21 attempts on goal to Middlesbrough’s two, with seven of our efforts on target.
2. Marcos Alonso had more shots on goal than any other player (4). Nemanja Matic and Diego Costa had three each.
3. Eden Hazard was the only outfield Chelsea player not to have a shot on goal but he did create four chances.
4. Cesc Fabregas created seven chances during the game including the assists for our first and third goals. In doing so Fabregas becomes the first player in Premier League history to record 10 or more assists in six different seasons.
5. Chelsea had 57 per cent share of the ball and completed 531 passes. Middlesbrough made almost 400.
6. The game’s top passer was Fabregas, with 96, followed by Cesar Azpilicueta (87) and Matic (64).
7. In the final third Fabregas (42) again topped the passing charts, with Azpilicueta third in that department, highlighting the advanced position he took up for much of the game.
8. David Luiz, Nemanja Matic and Willian all had three successful take-ons.
9. Alonso made 10 ball recoveries, closely followed by Pedro (nine) and David Luiz (eight), and in terms of interceptions nobody bettered Matic’s six.
10. Matic’s goal against Middlesbrough was his first goal at Stamford Bridge.
11. Chelsea have now won seven league games in a row against Boro without conceding.
12. Diego Costa’s goal against Middlesbrough was his 20th Premier League goal of the season.
Source: Chelsea FC