Ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League clash with Middlesbrough on Monday, here are things you should know
1. Chelsea have won each of their last six Premier League games against Middlesbrough without conceding a single goal.
2. Middlesbrough have gone seven Premier League games at Stamford Bridge without scoring, last netting there in September 2001 in a 2-2 draw.
3. Cesc Fabregas needs one more assist to reach 10 for the season. Should he do this, he’d be the first player to record 10 Premier League assists in six different seasons (Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney have both managed this in five seasons).
4. The Blues’ next win at Stamford Bridge will be their 300th in the Premier League, becoming just the third team to reach that milestone for Premier League home wins (Man United 347 and Arsenal 305 going into this weekend).
5. This will be the fourth Premier League game that Chelsea have played on a Monday this season; having won the previous three. This comes after they failed to win any of their three Monday matches in the league in 2015-16 (D2 L1).
6. Coming in to this round of games, this fixture sees the highest scoring Premier League team in 2016-17 (Chelsea – 72 goals) and the lowest scoring side (Middlesbrough – 26 goals, same as Sunderland).
7. Middlesbrough have mustered a league-low 93 shots on target this season in the Premier League. Chelsea have managed more than this in their home games alone (97).
8. Chelsea have already equalled the points tally of Leicester City in 2015-16 (81) and if they win their remaining four Premier League games they will reach 93 points. Only one team in the history of the Premier League has won more than this – Chelsea in 2004-05 (95 points).
9. Middlesbrough have 28 points with three games remaining. The fewest points won by a team to avoid relegation from the Premier League is 34; set by West Bromwich Albion in 2004-05.
10. The Blues have won 81 points from 34 Premier League games this season; the most at this stage since 2005/06 (85) when we went on to win the title.
11. Chelsea have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (27). We have won 23, drawn three and lost one.
12. Eden Hazard has completed 82 take-ons in the final third this term, 30 more than any other player.
13. Chelsea have scored at least three goals in nine of our 16 home Premier League games this season, more than any other team.
14. If selected, Cesar Azpilicueta will make his 150th Premier League start for the Blues.
15. Chelsea are seeking a 300th Premier League home win. Only Manchester United and Arsenal have reached that landmark.
16. Middlesbrough have kept 11 clean sheets in the league this season. Only Tottenham (17), Man United (15), Chelsea (14) and Southampton (12) have had more shutouts.
Source: Opta via Daily Mail & Chelsea FC