Ahead of Chelsea’s final game of the season against Sunderland at Stamford Bridge, here are important stats you should know
1. Chelsea have won 20 of their last 24 Premier League games against Sunderland (D1 L3), although two of those losses have come in the last six contests.
2. The Black Cats have lost a total of 22 Premier League games against the Blues; only Manchester United have defeated them more times (23).
3. These two sides have met twice on the final day in the Premier League era, with the most recent encounter coming in 2014-15 at Stamford Bridge, when Chelsea also ended the season as Champions.
4. Only twice in the Premier League era have Chelsea ended the season with defeat at Stamford Bridge on the final day; a 2-3 loss against Blackburn in 1995-96 and a 1-3 loss against Aston Villa 2001-02.
5. In contrast, Sunderland have only ever won once on the final day of a Premier League season (D3 L11) – a 3-0 victory against West Ham in the 2010-11 campaign.
6. This will be David Moyes’ 499th game as a manager in the Premier League (P498 W196 D135 L167, winning 723 points)
7. John Terry could make his final league appearance for Chelsea. The Chelsea captain has made 491 Premier League appearances for the club, more than any other player (63 per cent win percentage)
8. Chelsea could break the Premier League record for most wins in a season (30), with the current record 29 by Chelsea in both 2004-05 and 2005-06).
9. Only two other sides have won 30-plus league games in a top-flight season (Spurs 31 in 1960-61 and Liverpool 30 in 1978/79) and Chelsea would be the first to do it in a 38-game season.
10. Should Chelsea win this match, they’ll have won home and away against 12 different teams in the Premier League this season. This would equal the record in a Premier League season alongside Chelsea in 2004-05 and Manchester United in 2006-07.
11. Chelsea have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (30). We have won 26, drawn three and lost one when we have done so.
12. Chelsea are the division’s highest scorers with 80 goals.
13. The Blues have scored at least three goals in 11 of our 18 home Premier League games this season, more than any other team.
14. Cesar Azpilicueta is the only Chelsea player to have played every minute of every Premier League game this season.
15. Antonio Conte has an 80 per cent win rate in his first season with two games to go.
16. If selected, Cesc Fabregas will make his 100th Premier League appearance for the Blues.
Source: Opta via Daily Mail & Chelsea FC