Ahead of Chelsea’s match against West Brom at the Hawthorns on Friday, here are 21 things you should know
1. West Brom have won three of their last five Premier League games against Chelsea at the Hawthorns (D1 L1) – this after losing each of their first five between 2003 and 2011.
2. The Blues have lost just one of their last eight Premier League games against the Baggies (W4 D3), a 3-0 defeat in May 2015 in a game played after Chelsea had already won the division.
3. None of the 21 Premier League meetings between these sides have ended goalless – the Baggies have only played more games without a nil-nil against Arsenal and Spurs (22) in the competition.
4. Diego Costa has scored in three of his five Premier League appearances against West Brom, scoring three goals in total.
5. Since winning 13 consecutive matches against West Bromwich Albion in all competitions between 1993 and 2011, Chelsea haven’t won back to back games in any of their last 10 meetings. They can achieve this with a win in this game, having won 1-0 in the reverse fixture in December.
6. Chelsea have had a player sent off on their last two Premier League trips to the Hawthorns – John Terry last season and Cesc Fabregas in 2014-15.
7. The Baggies have only scored a goal in two of their last nine Premier League fixtures, failing to score at all in their other seven matches since the start of March.
8. Since the start of April, WBA have won only two points from six Premier League games (W0 D2 L4) – the worst record in the competition in this period.
9. Should Chelsea win this match, they’ll have won 42 points away from home in the Premier League this season (the most) and it’ll be the highest tally of away points by a side in a PL season since Manchester United won 42 in 2011-12.
10. If Chelsea win this match then they’ll seal their sixth top-flight league title and their fifth in the Premier League era. Only Manchester United (13) have won more Premier League titles.
11. Should Chelsea win the title, Antonio Conte will have won the league title in four successive seasons as a club coach after winning the Serie A title with Juventus in 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14.
12. Conte would be the fourth Italian manager to win the English top-flight title after Carlo Ancelotti (2009-10), Roberto Mancini (2011-12) and Claudio Ranieri (2015-16).
13. The Italian would also be the fourth manager to lift the Premier League trophy in his first season in England (Mourinho 2004-05, Ancelotti 2009-10 and Pellegrini 2013/14).
14. Chelsea have scored the opening goal more times than any other Premier League team this season (28). We have won 24, drawn three and lost one when we have done so.
15. Chelsea have scored the most goals in the Premier League with 75 goals.
16. Diego Costa is the third Chelsea player to score 20 Premier League goals in a season on two occasions. The others were Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Didier Drogba.
17. Cesc Fabregas is the first player to register 10 or more assists in six different Premier League seasons.
18. If selected, Pedro will make his 50th Premier League start.
19. Chelsea need two goals to reach a century for the season in all competitions.
20. Six of West Brom’s last eight Premier League goals have been scored by defenders.
21. Last weekend at Burnley, West Brom ended their club-record run of five consecutive games without scoring.
Source: Opta via Daily Mail & Chelsea FC