The Leonardo Bonucci to Chelsea rumour keeps getting stronger by the day, as it is claimed Chelsea boss Antonio Conte will love to sign the experienced Italian who was his trusted ally during his time in charge of Juventus and Italy.
Turin-based newspaper La Stampa claimed on Friday that the Premier League champions were ready to submit a €55 million (£48.6m) offer for the 30-year-old, whose agent was reported to be in London earlier this week for talks.
When asked about the prospect of leaving Juventus this summer, Giorgio Chiellini said, as claimed by La Stampa: “It’s just talk”.
Chiellini remains confident Bonucci will remain in Juventus and doesn’t want to miss his centre-back pairing of many years.
He said: “He will remain with us.
“Juve cannot do without a player and a man like Leonardo. I’m sure that will still be the cornerstone of Juve.”