COSTA NOW READY TO FIGHT FOR HIS PLACE IN CHELSEA. BUT HE GIVES CONTE CONDITION

Photo: Getty Images

Chelsea 20-goal hero in two title-winning seasons Diego Costa, is now ready to fight for his place in Chelsea if the manager Antonio Conte is willing to give him a chance.

The Brazilian-born Spain international has admitted that he’s tired of being on exile in Brazil and wants to play football.

“If it was down to me I’d be playing. It’s already been one month. Holidays are good but it gets tiresome,” he told ESPN BRAZIL.

“I was always meant to turn up with the group, but they were already saying that I’m going to have to come back and train with the reserves. I said that this was a lack of respect. We won the league and I haven’t done anything so serious to deserve being treated in that way.

“It won’t be the same as before [between him and Conte], and we don’t know if the fight for the position will be fair. Because of me having exposed the [text] message I understand that he’ll be annoyed, so if I go back I have to see if things would be clean, just and correct.

“That’s how I like things. If I go back now I don’t think it will be a fair situation. It won’t be an honest fight for a position [in the team].”

About the Author

VICTOR N
Chelsea is more than just a football club to me; it's a passion I share, and my affinity with the Chelsea badge is one that will last forever. As far as watching my favourite team is concerned, I'd rather miss a meal than miss a Chelsea game.

56 Comments on "COSTA NOW READY TO FIGHT FOR HIS PLACE IN CHELSEA. BUT HE GIVES CONTE CONDITION"

1. Kelvin Kaulu | August 19, 2017 at 8:33 am |

Morning Chelsea family fans,I would like to share my views and thoughts. Costa has no respect for the manager,if his ready it means he has to respect the manager. Some of us Chelsea is not just a football club it means a lot. Costa please respect the manager.

2. We celebrate you Diego.You really fought hard last season,the reason why Chelsea had to lift the title.If you have to come back to Stamford Bridge,kindly set the pace and respect your boss.You are a great prayer.

3. To all Chelsea fan,good attitude play important role in all professional, but human being re different with name,faces,conte should know how to deal with costa behaviour rather than send harsh message to him.

4. you are true on that, spot on, he has to respect the manager

5. Just come back first. At least we are missing your ‘wahala’. Just be a good boy, ur place is intact.

6. my colour alone brings me joy, seeing my players gives me strength and then seeing my manager gives me victory……………….#upblues

7. I am very happy Diego is back

8. the earlier the better. humility is needed to forge ahead

9. Skelewu madree | August 21, 2017 at 1:02 am |

Yes that ut

10. Skelewu madree | August 21, 2017 at 1:02 am |

11. Felix Ogberahwe | August 21, 2017 at 5:07 am |

Great and good that popular demand for Diego’s come back is now being realized. Let’s work together amicably to the best of our abilities.

12. Yes! am very happy that Costa is finally back @Stamford Bridge #UpBlues!

13. Moses Simovwe | August 21, 2017 at 7:31 am |

We definitely need that one player who is lethal against his opponents. To me Diego is that man right now. Come back Diego and make peace.

14. Sorry i have to disagree with you on this one. Costa asked to leave 3 times last season when the china offer came, chelsea had to plead with him to stay till the end of the Season.

15. I’ve missed Diego a lot though. But he has to respect Conte, so that things will work out between them.

16. Amos Osupala | August 21, 2017 at 9:38 am |

Great player, bad attitude. Costa is a player who can create a storm in a tea cup. I won’t want such a person in my team; football or not. To be a good team player and a major contributor to the team is laudable but to be erratic and unreliable in character, one which the coach is never sure of his next move / action is unacceptable. Conte had tried in managing Costa for a season.

17. I know this is not true, but if truly he wants to fight for his place in de team, then conte(the manager) should give him a second chance, Diego should respect de coach… We need him to fight with morata…..

18. Tooth and Tongue sometimes clash but they must stay in the same room and work out things so that the body may live. Chelsea is all we have so we must forgive one another if we should succeed as a team. BRAVO to the manager and BRAVO to Costa. Let us also remember that RESPECT matters always.

19. anyway chinzenza | August 21, 2017 at 1:12 pm |

if he is to come back,its good for us as a team.we need that kind of defender bullying.please chelsea board talk to costa on our behalf both parties please set aside differences.we have a long season ahead of us.to rely on two strikers the whole season wont be health for us.
    for the good of the club please please take him back.iknow there are a lot of things that happens behind closed doors we fans do not know.
    with Love from Zimbabwe

20. How sure is this information

21. I will be happy if he comes back to Stanford bridge but he has to respect his manager and whatever he ask him to do

22. Costa please kindly come back, apologize ur manager & replace your position as we have challenging / difficult task ahead before morinho will still you again from us.

23. Am very happy to hear that Costa is coming back to Chelsea we need him more than all the strikers that we have now

24. Morning Blue Mate….We need Costa to come back but he lack a word called Respect , But first he need to train with the Reserve team so that Conte can be sure that he has come back to his normal sense also ready to obey the man in-charge …..if am wrong please let me know cos no body is perfect …..one more thing if he cant train with the Reserve team then let him go because if they over look this another player will do such ….even London Press try to make Mikel the first target to speak about what happen between him and Conte Mikel told them nothing happen between us

25. all i have to say is that, as it stand now we need costa back, let him come and fight for his position, both the coach and costa should try as much as they can to forget the past. let bygone be bygone in other to achieve our aims.

26. Well said bross! I say no more!

27. Mohammed Ali | August 22, 2017 at 12:15 pm |

I am now very happy.

Welcome Diego

28. We neeed Costa, but he has to grow up and make amends with Conte.

29. Welcome back man of action we missed u Diego .

30. hope they are not planning to do what they did to MOU. they should know that it hurts the fans to see their team go down. emulate real Madrid. stay together and you can win the league back-to-back.
    Costa, relax, respect the boss cos u will become one in future.

31. AKOL RICHARD | August 22, 2017 at 11:42 pm |

That’s really good news for Diego return, am one of the fans who loves the team. Costa is a great player.

32. ANYWAR KENNETH | August 23, 2017 at 9:03 am |

HE is good player welcome back to the battle diego so that premier defender start urinating again in thier jersy

33. ANYWAR KENNETH | August 23, 2017 at 9:07 am |

thnks costa for comming ack we are badly off

34. what can we say Diego has to behave a boss is a boss.We definitely need him as Chelsea supporters .

35. onwe ogamdi | August 23, 2017 at 9:30 am |

Truely costa is good player but unpredictable in terms of conduct in the pitch. He needs to work on his emotions as a professional footballer and see it as a game that needs elements of discipline. If he is coming back it good but must be ready to respect his boss and obey him totally.

36. It will be nice to see Costa back to the team. He should be a change man to his boss when he returned. We want to see Costa vibrant and his treath to our competitors. Welcome back Costa.

37. Is Costa back for real? Good one for the team but he need to work on his attitude on and off the pitch cos it goes a long way to affect the team positively or negatively.

38. MAHMUD ABDULLATEEF ADEKUNLE | August 24, 2017 at 11:08 am |

We need Costa now. Please this is my personer opinion , I think what make Costa misbeable is language barrier . Let give him another chance. All we need is to win the league back. UP BLUES FOR LIFE.

39. Costa welkam to chelsea but you to pull up your socks interms of behaviour

40. Adeniyi Smile | August 24, 2017 at 4:51 pm |

I totally agree with you

41. alven joseph | August 25, 2017 at 12:27 am |

he should come as soon as possible and apologise to the manager for his wrong doing before it gets let

42. A great team is made up of people who can have differences and amicably iron them out. It would be my joy to have Costa and Conte sit and solve their differences, we have a big season a head of us and we need everyone on board.

43. Daniel wekesa | August 25, 2017 at 2:06 pm |

come back costa.,.I MISS YOUR PROBLEMS ON THE PITCH

44. Humm, welcom costa

45. Ronald Jubilant | August 27, 2017 at 3:36 am |

This should no repeat itself again. One love, up the BLUEZZZZZ!

46. we really need COSTA Because he an experience man

47. Doctor Abidjan | August 28, 2017 at 11:55 am |

Conte was not harsh on Costa,just that his own is too much.. last season when offer came from China, Costa decided to leave the club, Conte and Costa as well as his agent sat together and the man begged costa to stay till End of the season that after he can leave which the two parties agreed on, we all saw what happened, if he want to go let him go Chelsea have moved on, is because of Atlantico band and condition of the their manager , asking him to go back and start playing so that it will be easy for them to use him in January that is why his doing all this…. Tell to him, if want to play football he should know that he will never be bigger than his manager .. had it been Chelsea did not do well in their last two games, he will still feel that his bigger than the club … Hell to him

48. Doctor Abidjan | August 28, 2017 at 12:02 pm |

Nice one..if not for Atlantico Band will not seek to come back

49. Amokson Mathew | August 28, 2017 at 6:01 pm |

I think Diego Costa has learned form his previous mistake, he is welcome

50. Morris Tamba | August 29, 2017 at 11:14 am |

Let’s (fans & Club) please consider Him (Costa) back at the Bridge. He’s one of us for now. I appeal on his behalf.

51. Yes we need him in Chelsea but the problem is that he refused to admit his mistake up till now and also failed to
    apologize even in the bible its written respect ur father so ur days will be long he should respect his father that’s the (coach)

52. ajiva samuel | August 30, 2017 at 9:54 am |

let two of them have respect on each order, coasta respect ur coach, and chelsea manager should give his play support bcs dem are de one to make his job be secured is true coasta is
    stubborn but let make peace, up blues

53. Gregory Ogeni | September 1, 2017 at 2:25 pm |

However much good you are but once you fail to handle your behaviors then any thing good in you turns bad and people no longer wish you good luck! Behavior and respect is the key to success. Diego was a good player but he should adjust if he wants to succeed. Regards to all Chelsea fans

Comments are closed.