Chelsea suffered a dip in form prior to Saturday’s much-needed win over Watford. This led to reports that Chelsea is lining up former boss and sacked Bayern Munich manager Carlo Ancelotti as his replacement.
Conte hit out at the media, saying: “There’s a lot of b******t. This club, I think that if I see the past it has happened with other managers. A lof of b******t. They try to create a problem with me, the club and the players, if someone is happy to write this, continue to write this. I have answered very well in the past. I have answered well about these different issues.”
Reports in the press had suggested that the players were unhappy with his training methods at Cobham. One story earlier in the week said players had contacted Steve Holland to complain of Conte’s methods.
Conte has hit out at the reports while also saying that his former assistant Steve Holland had to reach out to him to deny the claims.
He added: “This is a lack of a respect. I can accept that they write that the club are ready to sack me and I can answer that. To put other people in this way is not correct. It’s not good that this person has to send me a message to say ”I’m sorry, this is not true’. If you want to do an interview, I am ready. Why put another person in this bullshit? Why? If you want to hit me, hit me! This is incorrect and I hate this type of situation.”
Conte didn’t stop there, as he also revealed that he can’t be undermined by the media.
He said: “You don’t know me. This is work for me. From my experience as a manager and a player in a great team, this is work for me. You don’t know what the pressure is like as a manager of a national team. Nobody can know this situation. If somebody is happy to write this and make the newspaper more interesting, continue to do it. Don’t put other people in as it’s incorrect.”