Chelsea won Brighton 2-0 on Boxing Day to close the gap on second-placed Manchester United.
Here are the key stats from Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Brighton.
1. Chelsea enjoyed 67% possession during the game.
2. The Blues had 25 shots on goal compared to Brighton’s eight.
3. Eight of Chelsea’s shots were on target compared to Brighton’s one.
4. Cesar Azpilicueta has now assisted six of Alvaro Morata’s goals this season.
5. Azpilicueta also made four key passes in the game, the second-highest number behind Cesc Fabregas who made seven, including an assist for Marcos Alonso’s goal.
6. Eden Hazard completed the highest number of dribbles in the game with four.
7. Hazard, Morata and Tiemoue Bakayoko all had four efforts on goal, the highest number of the game.
8. Chelsea have scored 12 headed goals in the Premier League this season, more than any other side.
9. Morata has netted 12 headed goals since the start of last season, more than any other player in the big five European leagues.
10. No team in Europe’s big five leagues has had more league goals scored by Spanish players this season than Chelsea who have 20, the same figure as Real Sociedad.
11. Yesterday’s result means Chelsea are unbeaten on Boxing Day since 2010 when we suffered a reverse away at Arsenal.
12. We have now kept three consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League.