SARRI RESPONDS TO REPORTS CLAIMING CHELSEA HAVE LAUNCHED A BID TO SIGN DORTMUND STAR

Enter your e-mail address to receive the latest news about Chelsea FC:

Powered by FeedPress

Photo: Getty Images

According to reports from Germany, Chelsea have launched a bid to sign Borussia Dortmund star Christian Pulisic.

Chelsea reportedly spoke with Dortmund on Friday about acquiring the 20-year-old winger and made an offer in an attempt to convince Dortmund to sell in January.

Even though Pulisic has only 18 months left on his contract and is refusing to discuss an extension, Dortmund want £70million for the 20-year-old.

Chelsea’s bid is believed to be below Dortmund’s asking price, and the Germans reportedly want Pulisic to remain until the end of the season.

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has refused to comment on reports claiming Chelsea have launched a bid for Pulisic.

According to Sarri, it is not his place to comment on players from other clubs.

When asked about reports claiming Chelsea have submitted a bid for Pulisic, Sarri said: “I don’t want to talk about a player from another club.”

Pulisic has previously said he is keen on moving to England and will make a decision on this future in January.

With Eden Hazard yet to sign a new Chelsea contract, Pulisic is being lined up as a replacement for the Belgian.

Pulisic was named as runner-up in the first-ever Kopa Trophy on Monday. The new award is given to the best player in the world under the age of 21.

About the Author

OTONY
I eat, sleep and live Chelsea.