BAYERN PRESIDENT ADMITS THEY ARE STILL INTERESTED IN HUDSON-ODOI DESPITE INJURY

Enter your e-mail address to receive the latest news about Chelsea FC:

Powered by FeedPress

Photo: AFP/Getty Images

To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App

Bayern Munich pursued Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi during the January transfer window but Chelsea rejected all four bids for the 18-year-old.

Hudson-Odoi suffered a ruptured achilles tendon during Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Burnley at Stamford Bridge on Monday night and it was expected Bayern will no longer be interested in the winger due to the injury.

The 18-year-old had become an important player in the team before his injury and had started Chelsea’s last three Premier League games before his injury.

Hudson-Odoi, who made his England senior debut last month, will be out for the rest of the season and misses the Nations League finals in June. He could also struggle to recover in time for the start of next season.

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness insists they are still interested in the 18-year-old despite his injury.

“Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Hasan Salihamidzic have said that he is an interesting player,” Hoeness said on Wednesday after Bayern beat Werder Bremen in the German Cup.

“I think we keep thinking about it. But he’s just on the operating table. Therefore it makes no sense to comment on this.”

Meanwhile, Hudson-Odoi sent a message to Chelsea fans after his successful surgery on Wednesday.

He wrote on Twitter: “Operation was Successful, Thank God always and thank you all for your messages and support, the return begins now!!!”

About the Author

OTONY
I eat, sleep and live Chelsea.