To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App
Real Madrid have completed the signing of highly-rated striker Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt.
Real Madrid were keen on signing a striker this summer to provide competition for Karim Benzema and has now signed Jovic for a fee of €60m (£52.4m), according to Sky Sports News.
The 21-year-old was also linked with Chelsea but he has now agreed a five-year deal with the Los Blancos worth approximately £165,000 per week.
Frankfurt only signed Jovic on a permanent basis last month when they activated a purchase option in his two-year loan agreement, buying him from Benfica for just €12m.
Real Madrid plan to present the young and buzzing striker next week, once Frankfurt’s Bundesliga campaign is over, with the German club vying for a place in the Champions League. Madrid are being careful about revealing the signing and presentation at the Bernabéu to avoid distracting the German club they consider a friend.
Jovic arrives Real Madrid as the second signing of the summer as Zinedine Zidane’s side are keen on bolstering their squad this summer. Militao is their first signing of the summer.
Jovic has had an outstanding season with Frankfurt, scoring 27 goals, 10 in the Europa League.
Chelsea were keen on signing Jovic but the Blues were unable to make a bid for the 21-year-old due to the transfer ban.
Real Madrid are on a spending spree, and up next for them is Chelsea star Eden Hazard.
Real Madrid have been linked with a move for Chelsea star Eden Hazard all season, and according to reports, they are said to have all but finalised a €100million (£86m) deal for the Belgian international.
According to French media outlet L’Equipe, Hazard will be officially unveiled as a Real Madrid player after Chelsea’s Europa League final against Arsenal on May 29.
Hazard confirmed after the goalless draw against Leicester City on Sunday that he has told the club weeks ago about his decision to leave this summer.
He said: “I have made my decision but it is not just about me. I told the club a couple of weeks ago. I wanted it to be cleared up earlier but that’s not happened. I’m still waiting, like the fans are waiting.”