To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App
Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi has been named as the 13th best U20 player in the world.
The 18 year old winger got his debut under Antonio Conte and his importance in the Chelsea team increased in the second half of last season under Maurizio Sarri.
According to L’Equipe, Ajax defender and captain Matthijs de Ligt is the best U20 player in the world. Jadon Sancho of Borussia Dortmund and Kai Havertz of Bayer Leverkusen complete the top three.
Posted below are L’Équipe’s top 20 U20 players in the world.
- Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax)
- Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
- Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen)
- João Félix (Benfica)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan)
- Nicolò Zaniolo (Roma)
- Moise Kean (Juventus)
- Vinícius Júnior (Real Madrid)
- Declan Rice (West Ham United)
- Ibrahima Konaté (RB Leipzig)
- Mattéo Guendouzi (Arsenal)
- Alban Lafont (Fiorentina)
- Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea)
- Dan-Axel Zagadou (Borussia Dortmund)
- Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
- Evan N’Dicka (Eintracht Frankfurt)
- Justin Kluivert (Roma)
- Andreas Skov Olsen (Nordsjælland)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- Kik Pierie (SC Heerenveen)
Bayern Munich made several attempts to sign Hudson-Odoi in January but Chelsea rejected every bid for the youngster. The German champions offered as much as £35 million for the 18 year old.
Reports claim Bayern Munich are still interested in Hudson-Odoi but Bundesliga expert Raphael Honigstein believes Hudson-Odoi will remain a Chelsea player.
Honigstein told Sky Sports: “They [Bayern] never stopped revisiting the situation. The interest has been constant. It has worked out well for Hudson-Odoi.
“There was pressure on Sarri and perhaps [Gareth] Southgate to play him. Suddenly he’s a Chelsea and England player. Chelsea have worked really hard to get him to extend his contract. The temptation must be that he’s English and Chelsea want him here. Chelsea could be his team. [Frank] Lampard could really help his development so he’ll stay.”