To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App
Chelsea played out a 1-1 draw with Bohemians in the team’s first pre-season clash this summer as Frank Lampard led out the Chelsea team for the first time.
The Blues are still in Ireland, and Chelsea are getting set for Saturday’s game. Check out the info for the game on Saturday:
1. Chelsea’s second pre-season game is against St Patrick’s in Dublin. The game takes place on Saturday 13 July and kick-off is 13:00 GMT.
2. St Patrick’s host Chelsea at their 5,340-capacity Richmond Park stadium in west Dublin, and interestingly, Lampard played at the ground in pre-season as a West Ham player 19 years ago.
3. St Patrick’s are a top Irish side and they are currently fourth in the Ireland Premier Division.
4. Lampard has an almost full squad to choose from as the arrival of the second group of players earlier in the week, swelled the camp to 35 ahead of our first friendly against Bohemians on Wednesday. Since then, a bulk of the team has returned apart from the injured players and the players. Lampard will play more of the senior players in Saturday’s game.
5. The game can be watched via a live stream on Chelsea’s official website and on the club’s 5th Stand app.
Speaking after the 1-1 draw with Bohemians, Lampard said: “Fitness was our issue, obviously. We’ve been working them hard and worked them hard this morning, I wanted to stretch them and put them under pressure a bit as that’s what pre-season is all about.
“The quicker we get to the level we want the better for us. It was good competition for us, we would have wanted the win obviously as you always do but it’s not about that at this point, it’s about individuals getting fit and pushing themselves to the limit and I thought some of the performances, particularly from the young lads were really good.”