To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App
Chelsea fans were surprised to see an unknown Tariq Lamptey in the Chelsea squad for the game against Arsenal.
While it was a surprise inclusion, it was even more surprising that the Chelsea manager gave him his debut around the hour mark and the young right-back did well to help a Chelsea comeback victory.
Check out some Lamptey facts you need to know
1. Tariq Lamptey is 19-year-old and was born on September 30, 2000.
2. Lamptey joined Chelsea at the age of seven and officially signed for the club as an Under-9, the earliest stage a player can register with a club. Callum Hudson-Odoi and George McEachran have been playing in the same team as Lamptey since they were kids.
3. Lamptey was a key part of the Chelsea Under-18s team that secured an unprecedented Quadruple of trophies in 2017/18 working under Jody Morris.
4. Lamptey’s attacking instincts was evident as he contributed with 11 assists, mostly as a result of his attacking threat from full-back or wing-back down the right in the 2017/18 season in the Chelsea youth team.
5. Lamptey is currently an England Under-20 international and also represented the young Lions at the European Under-19 Championship in the summer of 2018.