Chelsea and Lazio reach agreement for transfer of striker

Enter your e-mail address to receive the latest news about Chelsea FC:

Powered by FeedPress

Photo: Getty Images

To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App.

According to Daily Express, Chelsea have agreed a deal in principle to send Olivier Giroud to Lazio, but it will only go ahead if the Blues are able to bring in Dries Mertens from Napoli.

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is keen on strengthening Chelsea’s attacking options before the transfer window closes on Friday.

Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio claim a deal has already been agreed to send Giroud to Serie A club Lazio but the transfer will only go ahead if the Blues are able to complete the transfer of Mertens from Napoli.

Mertens’ contract expires at the end of the season and the Blues reportedly believe the Belgian striker can be signed for just £6 million.

About the Author

OTONY
I eat, sleep and live Chelsea.

17 Comments on "Chelsea and Lazio reach agreement for transfer of striker"

1. Philip laryea odai | January 30, 2020 at 8:51 am |

Chelsea are slow in the transfer market too much we need a good strikers to help us archive what we want champions league,fa cup,and E.P.L too.

2. Philip laryea odai | January 30, 2020 at 8:56 am |

Lampard i like you a lot as a player and as a coach but we need players to strenghting our darling team chelsea.

3. What ails Chelsea is the way they are slow in the transfer market it makes it expensive to get players on d-day.

4. Peter onyango | January 30, 2020 at 5:27 pm |

We really need signing. We are not confident about winning anything this season if we’ll not sign this summer.

5. Alfred Garlo | January 30, 2020 at 6:11 pm |

Pls push for Samuel Chekwuezee from villareal, he’s still young,and strong for this team.

6. Its Friday already!! Who is joining our Blue Army?

7. We need good strikers like Edison cavani because to enable us move forward and achieve our goal

8. Guys I look Chelsea and I love our coach but lampard and our spotting directors should wakeup from sleep let’s realize our weakness if the management is the problem plz let it style up…we need a serious defender say dunk, we need a goal machine not a gambler like Abraham plzplzplzplz.help us get players.. By today.wish u all and love u Chelsea funs

9. Frank babara | January 31, 2020 at 9:00 am |

I love the blues so much but for now am totally not confident with my team coz we have no striker…plz Chelsea board do something for that.

10. Elijah Nyabinda | January 31, 2020 at 10:09 am |

It’s very bad to loose a fan just because the management of the team don’t don’t want to sign a striker and goalkeeper

11. I’m so shocked to see Chelsea delaying to sign immobile

12. I like Chelsea it’s in my blood. I wish the best for you The Blues!!

13. Tuve Emmanuel | January 31, 2020 at 11:52 am |

Pls lampard what is the problem with club the blues we need more players in attack and defence we are dueing here.

14. Johnson Ibekwe | January 31, 2020 at 2:43 pm |

At the end the today’s transfer market closure,please my able respected coach Frank lampard make we the fans happy by making good signings.

15. Chelsea please sign up a new striker before 24hours. The blues for life. I love Chelsea. My Lampard do something and my us proud sir.

16. Abraham Akanbi | February 1, 2020 at 11:18 am |

We need good striker not tired legs. Frank we believe in YOU.

17. We need a striker