To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App.
Chelsea are reportedly no longer interested in signing Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson and former Tottenham Hotspur striker Darrent Bent has revealed why the Blues dropped interest in the 27 year old.
“The Callum Wilson thing I can kind of understand because it’s a case of wrong form at the wrong time,” Bent told Sky Sports when asked about Chelsea’s waned interest in the Bournemouth striker.
“He’s kind of killed himself a little bit. If this would have been this time last season when he was absolutely flying, Chelsea might have tried, well they did try and Bournemouth said no.
“But it’s just obviously the injuries, a lack of production, and it’s killed him a little bit. It’s sad to say that but obviously that’s where he is at the minute.”
Wilson has scored 5 goals in 21 games for the Cherries so far this season. The Englishman hasn’t scored since September 28.