To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App
Ross Barkley hasn’t wowed the fans at Stamford Bridge since signing up for Chelsea from Everton back in January 2018.
Injuries, lack of form and intense competition in the Chelsea midfield hasn’t helped Barkley’s cause, as the England international has been highly rated since as a youngster from Everton but he has not been able to reach those heights.
But the 26-year-old has churned unbelievable performances recently, especially in games against Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton where he was unplayable.
Barkley was unbelievable against his boyhood club on Sunday afternoon as Chelsea defeated Everton 4-0 at the Bridge.
Check out some of his amazing stats
1. Ross Barkley was accurate with his passing as 57 of his 58 passes were successful, at a remarkable 98 per cent completion rate, more than any other player on the pitch.
2. Ross Barkley had a game-high three attempts which was only matched by an in-form Pedro.
3. Barkley had the highest number of key passes, as his six passes were twice as many as the next player Willian, who made three.
4. Barkley’s seven successful take-ons was also a game-high figure, as Mount was next with five.
5. Barkley also excelled in the defensive aspect of the game as he won two tackles which was only bettered by Cesar Azpilicueta in the Chelsea team.