To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App
If Frank Lampard is keen on winning a trophy this season, the FA Cup remains the best possible chance. Having been knocked out of the Carabao Cup, the Premier League and Champions League seem to be out of Chelsea’s grasp.
Chelsea host Liverpool in the FA Cup fifth round tie at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night, and Blues boss Frank Lampard must be targeting a win for this game.
Liverpool are in red hot form this season and many pundits think that the final scores of this game will be dependent on the team that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tends to select.
Check out some key stats of the teams ahead of the clash.
1. This is the first FA Cup meeting between the two sides since the 2012 final, which Chelsea won 2-1 under Roberto Di Matteo.
2. Chelsea tend to have the edge over Liverpool in the FA Cup as the Blues have beaten the Reds in five of the past seven FA Cup encounters.
3. Chelsea are usually strong at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup as the Blues have been beaten in just one of 12 home FA Cup fixtures [W10, D1].
4. In general, Chelsea have lost only one of their past 12 FA Cup ties [W8, D3].
5. Liverpool haven’t been good in the FA Cup away from home as they have won just one of their past six FA Cup away matches [D2, L3].
6. This is the third meeting between the two sides this season. Liverpool won 2-1 in the league at Stamford Bridge in September, a month after they lifted the Uefa Super Cup on penalties in Istanbul, following a 2-2 draw after extra time.