Former Premier League star sends serious warning after contracting coronavirus

Enter your e-mail address to receive the latest news about Chelsea FC:

Powered by FeedPress

Photo: Sky

To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App

The football season in the Premier League has been suspended until April 30, as the coronavirus is still raging around most parts of the world.

Italy have been one of the most hit countries with coronavirus. Italy on Saturday reported 793 new coronavirus deaths, a one-day record that saw the country’s toll shoot up to 4,825 – 38.3 percent of the world’s total.

The toll in the United Kingdom is also on the rise, and West Bromwich Albion striker Charlie Austin is among the latest football stars to have gotten the virus.

Charlie Austin has now sent a warning to everyone to take the virus seriously as it has hit him down beyond his expectations.

“Before I started feeling the symptoms on Saturday I was on the phone to my wife Bianca’s mother and I said to her that I hoped if anyone in our family got it that it would be me,” West Bromwich striker Charlie Austin told the Daily Telegraph.

“I felt like I was fit and healthy and I could handle it. A week later and I would say to anyone, even those in their 20s and 30s – ‘Don’t take it lightly – it’s serious’.

“I get that people who haven’t got it are going about their lives. Last week, I was living my life.

“Not that I didn’t take coronavirus seriously. But this is extremely serious and we should take it that way.”

About the Author

VICTOR N
Chelsea is more than just a football club to me; it's a passion I share, and my affinity with the Chelsea badge is one that will last forever. As far as watching my favourite team is concerned, I'd rather miss a meal than miss a Chelsea game.