To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App
Chelsea have been strongly linked with a move for former Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho.
Meanwhile, Barcelona boss Quique Setien says Coutinho still has a future at the club despite persistent rumours linking him with a move to Chelsea.
Despite the admission of Setien, it is believed that Barca are keen to offload the Brazilian who has struggled since leaving Liverpool, as he struggled with the Spanish giants and also flopped following a two-year loan spell with Bayern Munich.
The Catalans are believed to be desperate to sell Coutinho, but are also looking to recoup as much as they can from the sale of the Brazilian, after paying Liverpool a mammoth figure to sign him up in 2017.
According to the Daily Mail, the Blues would be willing to bring him to Stamford Bridge, but paying £70m for his services is out of the question as Frank Lampard will only entertain a loan deal.
Chelsea have made the decision to not spend so much on Coutinho especially after the Covid-19 experience where clubs have suffered huge loss in revenues.
Asked about Coutinho’s future, Setien told RAC1 last week Wednesday: “I think Coutinho is a great player, I really like him.
“He is still a Barcelona player. You have to pay the clause or pay a sum to Barca. I think he can be here at the beginning of next season. I have to talk to him to ask him.”