Chelsea make final decision on Willian’s future at Stamford Bridge

Enter your e-mail address to receive the latest news about Chelsea FC:

Powered by FeedPress

Photo: Getty Images

To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App.

Willian’s Chelsea contract is set to expire in the summer but the Brazilian is yet to reach an agreement over a new deal.

Willian wants a three year deal to remain at Chelsea while the Blues are only willing to offer the Brazilian a two year contract.

Willian is not giving up on thrashing out an agreement to keep him at the club but the Brazilian has admitted he has been told by the club that it would be impossible to offer him a three year contract.

Willian told Expediente Futebol: “Really a very beautiful story that I built at this club, I have a very special affection for the fans, for the people who work there and I identified myself a lot here.

“Everyone knows that my contract ends now in a few months, so the renewal is really a difficult thing to happen.

“I think it will be very difficult for me to renew because Chelsea offered me two years, I asked for three and it ended there, we didn’t talk anymore, we didn’t negotiate anymore.

“Three years – Chelsea said it would be impossible, so for now theres this difficulty, but nothing is impossible.

“We don’t know what can happen, suddenly we could make a deal and get it right. But what I can say today is that my contract is going over and I will be free to negotiate with any team.”

About the Author

OTONY
I eat, sleep and live Chelsea.

20 Comments on "Chelsea make final decision on Willian’s future at Stamford Bridge"

1. Beverley Brooks | April 6, 2020 at 8:53 am |

I’d like to see Willian stay. But please,please. We need a really good keeper.

2. Willian should be given a three year contract coz I guess he has love for chelsea

3. Emmanuel Ihejieto | April 6, 2020 at 12:26 pm |

Willian deserve 3 more years for his loyalty and service.Plans to retire and work for Chelsea as a veteran.

4. Hopeton Williams | April 6, 2020 at 1:32 pm |

He should get that three years he done alot for the club

5. Terry Lynch | April 6, 2020 at 2:20 pm |

Willian must stay still a lot to offer

6. William should, I think Chelsea still need people like him

7. Mwaliso Jackson | April 6, 2020 at 4:14 pm |

You sign for William please for three years contract

8. Emmanuelzubic | April 6, 2020 at 4:15 pm |

We need creative players like William at Stamford bridge. He has a good work ethic. The board should reward him with the 3 years contract extension as a motivation to the club.

9. I’m George
    For sure Willian deserves to be given the three years he wants. He is still capable of giving better services to the club. And more so he loves Chelsea

10. Let him stay at Chelsea where you have developed a lot of talent we still need your services

11. I love William so let him stay at Chelsea, will need somebody like him

12. Marcel Lotanna Igboanu | April 7, 2020 at 9:42 am |

William is an experience player with creative quality, so he deserves three more rewarding years so that the ypunger players would learn from him.

13. Marcel Lotanna Igboanu | April 7, 2020 at 9:44 am |

William is an experience player with creative quality, so he deserves three more rewarding years so that the younger players would learn from him.

14. Willian has been en he is still a great player for us. Chelsea board think about it.respect

15. William, would be a great loss, but I find him frustrating… I just wish he’d cross the ball rather than trying to beat everyone. Hazard he is not!

16. To me I would have love Chelsea to offer Williams the three years contract

17. Mohammed muzamin | April 7, 2020 at 5:10 pm |

William still has a lot to offer at Chelsea and so should remain at the bridge

18. I love William very much, because,he has a lot of experience,and he will help the younger once that we have,they should give him the three years

19. Suzan Hardi | April 8, 2020 at 1:43 am |

William should agreed the offered two years from Board of Chelsea. Another one year will be consider futher. Frank please look and consider the prolific players Yusuf Poulsen.

20. William Should go no where, William is the man to watch in Chelsea he is Chelsea’s next Hazard, he deserves his wish. Lampard made him next three years Chelsea player, he is our hero

Comments are closed.