Lampard finally reveals his plans for Giroud, Pedro and Willian

Enter your e-mail address to receive the latest news about Chelsea FC:

Powered by FeedPress

To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App

Chelsea have a number of experienced players who are in the final year of their contracts and are expected to be free agents during the summer.

Chelsea have yet to agree terms for a new deal with the likes of Willian, Pedro and Olivier Giroud, with their contracts set to expire in July.

Blues boss Frank Lampard has admitted that he’s concerned about the situation and will at least try to get contracts that will keep them at the club until the season ends, even if it goes beyond the July 1 expiration date.

“It is still uncertain if and when play will get underway. We have big players [out of contract] so that’s something I’m obviously looking at very carefully,” Lampard told Sky Sports.

“The ones who are out of contract here have been great servants for the club, and actually have a lot of feeling for the club.

“Of course they’ll be concerned about themselves, in terms of how training is now is and if the pre-season is a rush they’re going to have to make sure they’re alright.

“So it’s going to have to be something we have to look at, hopefully we can make that arrangement can be made so they can stay with us.

“I would love the squad to look as it has all season, but we’ll have to see how that works.”

About the Author

VICTOR N
Chelsea is more than just a football club to me; it's a passion I share, and my affinity with the Chelsea badge is one that will last forever. As far as watching my favourite team is concerned, I'd rather miss a meal than miss a Chelsea game.

10 Comments on "Lampard finally reveals his plans for Giroud, Pedro and Willian"

1. It has become a habit for Chelsea to show interest in good players but not buying.
    Does the Club have a budget for buying players or not.
    Stop raising our expectations and and disappointing us at the end.
    We 3 key players: a tall strong center back, an accurate strong stricker and a left winger.Get these players or perish in the comming sesson.

2. Amos Z. Gaye Sr. | May 17, 2020 at 1:47 am |

Pls don’t allow William to go at this time.He is our game changer And he still have love for us. Give him at least two seasons

3. Tony alechenu | May 17, 2020 at 9:40 am |

We are very lucky to be where we are at the table (4) before the pendemic, considering the fact that we had a new coach and who was unable to bring in new players at the beginning of the season due to the 2 years ban placed on our club. Though,frank lampard has done amazing job getting us here. What needs to be done should be done, 3 more players”1 centre back, 1 left winger and a striker. I bet you,we are formidable and ready for any next season.

4. Emmanuel Izunwa. | May 17, 2020 at 9:40 am |

I live Willan and I want him to stay.My fear is that the management will mot give him the contract he may ask for since they did not give JT and Lampard.

5. Forgive Davor | May 17, 2020 at 2:54 pm |

Willian and Pedro are formidable players. I would be grateful if the Club consider extending their contract unless they (William and Pedro) decide otherwise.
    I really love these two guys. Most especially when things get tough and they are introduced into the match from bench, ouch! So sensational!!!

• That’s so true they become the life of the game and they are thrilling to watch.

6. Tamba Thomas Ensah | May 17, 2020 at 8:05 pm |

Pedro has done well for the club (Chelsea) and even William more excellently well and they are not forgotten in the history of the club.
    But let us please give chance to the young boys as the are brimming up with life and we fine a lot of potentials in them.

7. Willian and giroud to stay for ever in the team….i really fan them am chelsea fun too

8. Mohamed Atto | May 18, 2020 at 12:03 am |

Let pedro,William and giroud joint the gunners

9. Koroma sheku Ahmed Tejan | May 18, 2020 at 4:10 am |

I believe Williams has a place in the team and the love of the fans.
    If the club consider a new contract to keep him will be grateful.

Comments are closed.