To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App.
Chelsea have agreed a deal in principle to sign Timo Werner from RB Leipzig and have now offered the Germany international a £200,000-a-week contract.
Here are seven things you should know about the 24 year old striker set to join Chelsea:
1. Despite being just 24, Werner has amassed close to 300 senior appearances since making his professional debut for Stuttgart in 2013. He is young but experienced, just what Frank Lampard’s youthful Chelsea team needs.
2. Only two players from Europe’s top five leagues have scored more goals than Werner this season. Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski leads the way on 29, ahead of Ciro Immobile on 27. Werner is third highest goalscorer in Europe’s top five leagues with 25 goals ahead of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
3. He has scored a total of 31 goals scored in 40 games for RB Leipzig so far this season, taking his overall total for RB Leipzig to 92 in 154 appearances. For the German national side, he boasts a total of 11 goals in 29 games.
4. Werner is the only player in Europe’s top five leagues this season with 22 non-penalty goals and a minimum of seven assists.
5. Werner is a clinical finisher who rarely waste goalscoring chances. According to Understat, the non-penalty chances Werner has been presented with this season have been worth approximately 21.30 expected goals and the quality of his finishing has resulted in him actually converting 22 non-penalty goals.
6. Werner is an excellent predator in the penalty area with only 18 of his 109 shots in the Bundesliga have been from outside the box this season.
7. Werner is a versatile player who can play several positions. While a striker by trade, he can play on both flanks and as the second striker behind the main forward.