Enter your e-mail address to receive the latest news about Chelsea FC:

Powered by FeedPress

To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App.

It’s no longer news that Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is keen on signing Leicester City left-back Ben Chilwell this summer.

Leicester City reportedly want a record transfer fee for the 23 year old England international, with reports claiming Chelsea must submit a bid of £85 million for Chilwell, a world record for a defender.

According to Don Hutchinson, Lampard should drop his interest in Chilwell because of the transfer fee that Leicester City will demand and sign Ajax left-back Nicolas Tagliafico instead.

Photo: Getty images

“Tagliafico all day long,” Hutchison told ESPN FC.

“We talk about transfer fees, the Chilwell transfer fee in the U.K., they’re saying over £75m-£80m which I think is astronomical.

“I look around Europe and I see loads of left-backs that are really good, if not better. I see [Marvin] Plattenhardt, I see Philipp Max.

“I think Tagliafico is the best one out there at Ajax, I think he’s terrific and I don’t think he will cost anywhere near £80m, half the money I would imagine.

“So he would get my pick, the Argentinian.”

Do you agree?

About the Author

OTONY
I eat, sleep and live Chelsea.

14 Comments on "Lampard urged to drop interest in Chilwell and sign this left-back instead. Is he really a better option than Chilwell?"

1. Yes.Tagliafico could be right choice. And also to add Kalidou Kalibaly from Naples -we need to make our defence area strong.There is best pair after Terry partner Cavarlho.

2. I would not like chillwell to come to Chelsea ldont think he is worth the money they are asking forthere are better players out there

3. I think lampard need to way the available best options,of which Tagliafico is that best option

4. Steve chuks | June 8, 2020 at 10:50 pm |

Barcelona second choice left back is my choice

5. Lawrence Botchway | June 9, 2020 at 2:57 am |

I will choose Robin Gosens frog Atalanta over Ben chilwell. He is a very good versatile player. He makes promising runs and also has good defensive abilities.Trust me he is a perfect solution for our left back problems.

6. Md Ayyazuddin | June 9, 2020 at 6:21 am |

Ben Chilwell is overhyped
    I think there no need to put ransom at stake if there are better and cheaper options available

7. Mokena Dennis | June 9, 2020 at 10:57 am |

Lampard would be making a big mistake signing chilwel for such an astronomical amount.There are far better options out there in Europe.This guy’s just overrated like Maguire.

8. Simushi Innox
    I think Chelsea will be a great team next season, I just hope Frank is not over zealous.We need young players at the club,and we also need experienced players the likes of Azpi, Kante, Olivier, and maybe Pedro. A bunch of only young players in the team will not help Chealsea if we want to win trophies.

9. Louis Mulondo | June 9, 2020 at 11:47 am |

The Ajax guy is the best

10. Definitely agree with his opinion

11. The Ajax guy is my choice

12. Hope fully my signings have been done so far,we have good fullbacks no need,maybe defense we need to do atleast something

13. Anih Festus | June 9, 2020 at 9:02 pm |

Chiwell is really overhyped. Not worth that speculated fee at all. Spending that amount on player like Chiwell won’t be a wise decision.

14. Given the astronomical price Leicester city is asking, I think Lampard and Chelsea should prioritize the signing of Ajax left back

Comments are closed.