To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App
Although, players do not necessarily wear their new jersey numbers during pre-season, it sometimes is a pointer of what to expect in the new campaign.
Chelsea fans will be looking forward to see the jersey numbers that will be assigned to new signings Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner, Ben Chilwell and Thiago Silva, with the likely capture of Kai Havertz.
Check out the jerseys that were worn by the players in the pre-season friendly against Brighton.
Chelsea shirt numbers in yesterday’s friendly against Brighton, in full, were as follows:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga kept his number 1 shirt.
- Antonio Rudiger retained his jersey number.
- Marcos Alonso also wore his usual No. 3 jersey.
- Andreas Christensen maintained his jersey number for last season.
- Ian Maatsen wore Jorginho’s shirt number.
- Jake Clarke-Salter wore the vacant number 6 jersey.
- N’Golo Kanté retained the number 7 shirt.
- Lewis Baker appeared in Ross Barkley’s shirt.
9.No one wore this jersey, as it’s expected to stay with Tammy Abraham who’s currently self-isolating.
- Conor Gallagher wore the jersey number made vacant after the departure of Willian.
- Timo Werner appeared in what could probably his actual number. It was last worn by Pedro who has completed a move to Roma.
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek maintained his No. 12 jersey.
- Willy Caballero
- This number was vacant, and was last seen on Tiémoué Bakayoko
- Vacant in the absence of Kurt Zouma.
- Luke McCormick wore this vacant jersey number.
- Mateo Kovačić continued in his regular jersey.
- Olivier Giroud continued in his regular jersey.
- Juan Familia-Castiloo wore the jersey number belonging to Mason Mount.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi retained the jersey he wore last season.
- Was vacant, and was last seen on Davide Zappacosta)
- Hakim Ziyech took the 22 shirt, which was worn by Christian Pulisic last season. Pulisic could get the No. 10 shirt for next season.
- Technically still belongs to Michy Batshuayi who is expected to leave this summer.
- Reece James continued in his regular jersey.
- This jersey number was effectively retired with club legend, Gianfranco Zola.
- This jersey number was effectively retired with club legend, John Terry.
- Henry Lawrence wore the vacant jersey.
- César Azpilicueta continued in his regular jersey.
- No one wore this jersey number. It’s expected to stay with Fikayo Tomori, unless he goes on loan.
- Harvey Vale wore a vacant jersey that was last seen on David Luiz.
Youngsters Nathan Baxter and Ethan Ampadu wore the 40 and 44 jersey respectively, with Myles Peart-Harris going for the unorthodox No.98.