Tuchel gives N’Golo Kante update ahead of Southampton clash

Photo: Getty images

To get news directly on the go, download the Real Chelsea Fans App

Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante featured in last week’s Champions League win over Malmo.

The 30-year-old France international played 65 minutes in the game before being replaced by Saul Niguez with the Blues 4-0 up.

Kante however missed Chelsea’s next game against Norwich, and he wasn’t even in the squad for Chelsea’s 7-0 whopping victory against the Canaries.

Reports had claimed that Kante missed the Norwich game due to the tightness in his muscles, and Chelsea boss has confirmed those reports and has now revealed that he’d be available for Tuesday’s game against Southampton and also the weekend clash against Newcastle.

“The game was too early,” said the Chelsea boss.

“He [Kante] did the full training on Friday and after training, he said he feels his muscles a bit tight.

“He went to the physios for massages and for some treatment and he actually wanted to wait until Saturday in the morning to take the decision. I said no, it’s such an early game tomorrow, the possibility that it will change is not so high.

“I said take your time and it was simply one day too early. If the match would have been on Sunday he would have played. So he is fully available for Tuesday and for Newcastle.”

About the Author

VICTOR N
Chelsea is more than just a football club to me; it's a passion I share, and my affinity with the Chelsea badge is one that will last forever. As far as watching my favourite team is concerned, I'd rather miss a meal than miss a Chelsea game.